Saturday, July 26, 2014

Acrylics 101

There are a lot of different views out there on acrylic nails but I am all for it! I have had acrylics for about two years now and although there are a few cons, I can't see myself without them.

When deciding to get acrylic nails you really need to think about the time and money. Depending on the salon, your first application can take up to an hour. To maintain them you should then get a refill every 2-3 weeks which can take around 30-45 minutes. Again depending on the salon your first set can set you back up to $65 and each refill up to $40 (including polish). 

You also want to find a salon you are happy and comfortable and stick to that one salon. You want to make sure everything is cleaned, sterilised and they care about what YOU want. A good nail technician will ask how long you want them and what shape you like. I personally prefer mine kind of long and I like the squared off look.

Having false nails can give your hands a more feminine look, good for those who have man hands like me! I love the idea of being able to be creative with them and getting all different colours and patterns.

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment